links for 2day…
- The Craziest Thing Gary Busey Ever Snorted Cocaine Off Of (Wired)
- General Conference “Just Doesn’t Do It” For You? You’re Not Alone (Mormon Coffee)
- DNA found in Oregon rewrites the book on the first native Americans (The Independent)
Scientists discover oldest-to-date DNA of humans who lived in america 14,300 years ago! Some Mormons are scratching their heads over this one: a) that the Lamanite story is off by over 10,000 years; and b) how did people exist before God made Adam and Eve 6000 years ago? The study, published in the journal Science, went to extraordinary lengths to try to rule out the possibility that the DNA was the result of modern contamination. The DNA of nearly 70 scientists, archaeologists and students was cross-checked to make sure that it had not inadvertently contaminated the fossilised material. An analysis of the DNA showed that it contained two sets of genetic sequences which are shared with modern-day native Americans and people who are native to East Asia and Siberia – confirming that the first Americans came over the Bering land bridge from Asia during the last Ice Age.
- Hitchens (anti-theist) vs. Hitchens (theist) video. (toomanytribbles)
- Stephen Hawking: Asking big questions about the universe Filmed Feb 2008; In keeping with the theme of TED2008, professor Stephen Hawking asks some Big Questions about our universe — How did the universe begin? How did life begin?… (Atheist Media)